Today I want to share another recipe. I think it's quiet easy to prepare + healthy + tasty....the best possible combination!
Whenever I leave Slovakia to go back to Dublin, I always take few bits'n bobs that are simply not available in Ireland or just very rare and expensive.
Anyway buckwheat is one of them. It's quiet widespread at home, but for some reason I haven't found it anywhere here just yet!
So here we go...
What we need:
-chopped tomatoes in tin
-sweet corn and peas
-spring onions, cucumbers, tomatoes
- We cook the buckwheat in the water, the same way as rice but a bit shorter.
- Add some salt, black pepper, garlic and the chopped tomatoes and cook a little longer until all the water has evaporated.
- Add in the sweet corn and peas and then one egg (or 2 eggs in case you're cooking for more people)
- Put the mixture into the casserole, and bake in the oven at 190°C and bake until the egg has turned white and is no more liquid-like.
- Grate some cheese (whichever you like) and spread it on top of the baked buckwheat mixture and put it back to the oven until the cheese melts and turns a little brown.
- Serve with white yoghurt and fresh vegetables!
It's really delicious, so go ahead and try it ;)
P.S the fresh taste of cucumbers and spring onions reminds of summer...agh how I wish it was summer already!