this weekend I was supposed to do some more essay writing, however it would have been a sin not to use the free time to prepare some new delicious yummies.
For a longer time I wanted to try and prepare something using the peanut butter, and the combination of peanut butter and cookies in one seemed just right for this weekend.
So here we go :
What we need:
-1/2 cup softened butter
-1/2 cup (in my case a tiny bit more) peanut butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 tablespoons water
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-120 g (or more) Toblerone
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the second bowl mix the butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth. Then mix in 1 egg at a time, water and vanilla extract. Once smooth, mix in the flour mixture.
- Chop Toblerone chocolate (not too small and not too big pieces) and carefully fold in the mixture.
- Finally, using the tablespoon, make little mounds 4cm apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for around 14 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool down for a minute before removing.
- Bon Appetit!
It's a really easy recipe, so you better try it! :P