Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pesto Spaghetti

Hey guys,

today I want to share a recipe with you.
This year I decided that I will try to cook healthy and cheap food as much as possible, in order to achieve a much better life (healthier + tastier), ha!
It`s not like I didn't like cooking before, it`s just that I never felt like I had enough time to cook, and then clean up!
I was always a huge fan of Jamie Oliver and when I saw his new book called Jamie`s 15-Minute meals, I just couldn't resist and I ordered one for myself (here, which by the way is much cheaper than in bookshops)! The recipes are as always amazing, and most of them are pretty easy :)

Anyway, as my first experiment I decided to prepare Pesto Spaghetti.
Just to be clear, I didn't fully follow Jamie`s instructions, so I am going to describe the way I prepared my delicious meal.

Pesto Spaghetti (Serves 4)

Ingredients: 320g dried spaghetti
                    200g green beans
                    200g broccoli
        
        Pesto: 75g almonds
                   big bunch of fresh basil leaves
                  1 clove of garlic
                  2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I used more....maybe 5? I wonder how Jamie does it!! )
                  50g Parmesan cheese
                 1 lemon

- Prepare dried spaghetti according to instructions on the packet.
-Meanwhile I prepared the pesto by putting the almonds, basil leaves, squashed garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and the lemon juice into the mixer and mixing them until smooth. As Jamie says you can always check the balance of the flavors and add what needs to be added. (By the way my pesto took a bit longer since the mixer was revolting and wasn't working how it should have. :D )
- In another casserole I boiled water with a pinch of salt. Then I put in the beans and broccoli to cook.
-Put the cooked spaghetti into a bigger bowl and mix with pesto.
-Add beans and broccoli and toss together.
-Finally serve on a plate sprinkled with a few more fresh basil leaves, Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes.

Bon Appetit!

Kristina ❤




The Ingredients
Voilà

1 comment:

  1. Ohh my gosh, sounds so nice to eat ! Makes me hungry aha !

    ReplyDelete